Chiron Technology Services, Inc. currently has a Cyber Instructor career opportunity in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. United States Citizenship and an active Secret clearance are required for this position.
The ideal candidate will design, develop and conduct technical training programs in support of extremely complex application, systems and products to provide training and continual education for employees. They will also design the technical course curriculum.
- Seven or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- CISSP certification preferred
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
- Experience working with computer programming
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience working with security architecture
- Five or more years of experience in computer network operations
- Experience working with systems infrastructure including hardware configuration, operating system and networks
- Operational experience in any of these areas: Network intrusion analysis, forensic analysis, network monitoring, incident response, security operations, network defense, network exploitation and attack, penetration testing
- Comfortable working from a command line interface in Windows and UNIX-based systems
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information in written and spoken form
- Ability to apply computer security best practices
- Understanding of network security devices such as IDS/IPS, network sniffers, firewalls, routers and how information from these devices is leveraged during an intrusion investigation
- Solid understanding of network communications protocols
- Experience with tools such as EnCase Enterprise, log2timeline, Wireshark, The Sleuth Kit, Kali and Metasploit.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills to develop training manuals and procedures
- Strong presentation skills to train and educate employees on technical material and applications
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding products and applying knowledge to presentations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
- Good organization skills to balance work and lead projects
- Basic leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.