Chiron invites you to come be a part of this ever growing industry and join our team!
Chiron Technology Services, Inc. currently has a Systems Administrator II career opportunity in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. United States Citizenship and an active TS/SCI w/Polygraph Clearance are required for this position.
Please take a moment to review the required skills below and apply if this position is a fit for you.
The Systems Administrator II will provide software installations, performing backups and restores, installing patch capabilities, troubleshooting, monitoring system logs, creating and administration of user accounts and network design & support.
- Provide general troubleshooting of the system
- Monitor the health and status metrics and trend analysis on applications
- Provide timely and professional customer services at all times
- Evaluate current operating procedures and provide improvement recommendations
- Ensure that all detected problems are promptly reported, action is initiated, status is tracked and resolution is achieved without introducing additional issues or risk
- Adhere to established corrective action processes and procedures
- Provide after hour and call-in support
- Interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system administration, hardware, and communications requirements
- Candidate must ideally have 7+ years minimum providing help desk customer support, preferable Tier 3 Support.
- Experience with network design, support
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX
- Experience with Virtual Environments (MachineShop, EDC)
- Working knowledge of network firewall configurations
- Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system and database administration, hardware, storage and communications requirements
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer;
- Experience with System accreditation processes
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of Cloudera Impala
- Experience with the configuration and maintenance of fiber channel storage utilizing ZFS on Solaris 10.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com, let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.