Chiron invites you to come be a part of this ever growing industry and join our team!
Chiron Technology Services, Inc. currently has a Junior Software Engineer/GIS Developer career opportunity in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. United States Citizenship and an active TS/SCI w/Polygraph Clearance are required for this position. The listing below is a general position description that can be used to submit your resume if our other SWE postings are not the right fit for your skillset.
Please take a moment to review the required skills below and apply if this position is a fit for you.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Bachelor's degree in or experience using GIS (Geographic Information Systems) applications to create and maintain spatial data sets, conduct analysis, solve technical issues, and design maps and web mapping applications to meet customer requirements.
- Proficient in ArcGIS applications including ArcMap and ArcGIS Online. Experience using ArcMap geoprocessing tools and models to manipulate spatial data, conduct analysis, and publish data as services.
- Experience creating finished products with ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS by designing web mapping applications using Web AppBuilder and/or Web AppBuilder for Developers.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.