Chiron Technology Services, Inc. currently has a Cloud Software Engineer II career opportunity in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. United States Citizenship is required for this position.
The Cloud Software Engineer II will provide expertise in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, or problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Shall have at least five (5) years experience in software development/engineering.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree can be substituted for two (2) years experience.
- Shall have at least four (4) years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (MPS) or similar technologies.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
- Shall have at least three (3) years experience developing software for Microsoft Windows (XP or newer), or UNIX/Linux/Centos family of operating systems.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in the design and development of at least one Object Oriented system.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating or extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have at least two (2) years experience in software integration and software testing at least one of newly developed, existing, modified, FOSS, COTS, or GOTS software, to include developing and implementing test plans or related test scripts.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com, and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.