Chiron invites you to come be a part of this ever growing industry and join our team!
Chiron Technology Services, Inc. currently has a Software Engineer IV career opportunity in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. United States Citizenship and an active TS/SCI w/Polygraph Clearance are required for this position.
Please take a moment to review the required skills below and apply if this position is a fit for you.
The Software Engineer IV develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Shall have at least fifteen (15) years experience as a Software Engineer in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Shall have at least ten (10) years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++ in the development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Shall have at least ten (10) years experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), or UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/ analysts.
- Shall have experience leading, planning, conducting, and coordinating software development activities.
- Shall have experience leading SW development activities following Methodologies such as XP, scrum, kanban.
- Shall have demonstrated the ability to solve complex software/integration problems through innovative solutions.
- Shall have experience briefing senior level management on technical solutions, cost impacts, and risks.
- Shall have experience on the design and development of Object Oriented systems;
- Shall have extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Shall have experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills, such as those used for white papers, AOA, CONOPs, Engineering Management Processes, and so forth.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience in the development of a Jung framework or other framework for performing large scale graph analytics.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within the J2EE or .NET frameworks.
- Published Technical writings, such as white papers, technical journals.
- Certified Scrum master certification.
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com, let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.